Friday, August 15, 2008

Day One, Blog One

This is Jak.



I got Jak when he was only 12 weeks old. That was 4 years ago and today we have a bond that is indescribable. He is always there in the good times and the bad, through thick and thin. Jak is a smart boy, sometimes too smart for his own good and has more personality than he knows what to do with. He is what many call a Velcro-dog, always stuck to my side. He is my heart-dog. He is my soul.


This is Oliver.

He fell into my life by happenstance. I happened to be at the animal shelter one day 3 years ago and saw a tiny, orange kitten huddled in the back of a cold metal cage. I ask the woman how long he'd been there and she said 7 days. He was slated for euthanasia if he wasn't adopted soon. I scooped up the tiny, dirty, flea-ridden mongrel and took him home. He has been plotting my demise every day since then.

3 comments:

I'm Gabby said...

Love the opening picture!

Molly said...

Off to a great start! Very cute picture.

Anonymous said...

Great introduction, I can't wait to read more! I love Jak!

-"terrier2luver"